Mortgage Rates Higher Today
Mortgage rates moved higher today following the sharp increase in U.S. Treasury yields on Thursday. Average 30-year mortgage rates increased to 3.75 percent, up from an average rate of 3.70 percent on December 10th. 15-year mortgage rates today are currently averaging 3.19 percent, an increase from an average rate of 3.15 percent set earlier this week.
Treasury yields moved 11 basis points (bps) higher on the news the U.S. might trim existing tariffs on Chinese goods and delay tariffs set to kick in on Sunday. We expect mortgage rates to move higher from current levels over the weekend, but the increases will be less than 5 bps, unless a trade deal is actually reached, which is unlikely.
NMLS # 3030
The Better Business Bureau gives Quicken Loans and A+ for customer service.
Data provided by Brown Bag Marketing, Inc. Payments do not include amounts for taxes and insurance premiums. Click here for more information on rates and product details.
NMLS # 3030
From the lender: We can close your loan in less than a month!
Average Mortgage Rates Today
Conventional Mortgage Rates
- Today's mortgage rates on 30-year home loans are averaging 3.75 percent, up from an average 30-year rate of 3.70 percent.
- Current mortgage rates on 15-year fixed rate loans are at 3.19 percent, an increase from an average 15-year rate of 3.15 percent.
- 5-year adjustable mortgage rates are currently averaging 4.00 percent, higher from an average 5-year adjustable rate of 3.96 percent set earlier this week.
Jumbo Mortgage Rates
- Current 30-year jumbo mortgage rates are averaging 4.02 percent, up from an average 30-year jumbo rate of 4.01 percent.
- Today's 15-year jumbo mortgage rates are averaging 3.91 percent, up 2 basis points from 15-year jumbo rate of 3.89 percent.
- 5-year jumbo adjustable mortgage rates today are averaging 3.86 percent, a sharp increase from an average 5-year jumbo rate of 3.81 percent.
To make sure you're getting the best deal on loan for a home purchase or refinance, search for and compare current mortgage rates