Best Savings Account Rates in New York, New York
National average savings account rates and money market account rates are low right now. The average savings account rate/MMA rate for account balances of at least $2,500 is averaging only 0.33 percent. Account balances with a minimum of $10,000 are averaging 0.40 percent. Account balances of at least $25,000 earn a rate of 0.46 percent and balances of at least $50,000 earn a rate of 0.51 percent on average.
Sterling National Bank tops our list of the best savings account rates in New York, New York. Their current savings rate is 1.54 percent with an annual percentage yield of 1.55 percent. The minimum opening account balance is $2,500.
Here are the top 10 savings account rates in New York, New York.
Top 10 Savings Account Rates
- Sterling National Bank 1.55% APY Min $2500 Account can be opened either online or in the branch. New money required. Expires on June 1, 2010.
- Bank of Internet USA 1.40% APY Min $100
- Discover Bank 1.35% APY Min $500
- American Express Bank1.30% APY Min $0
- Capital One Direct Banking 1.30% APY Min $2500
- Nationwide Bank 1.30% APY Min $2000
- Ally Bank 1.29% APY Min $1
- EverBank 1.26% APY Min $1
- FNBO DIRECT 1.25% APY Min $ 1
- Salem Five Direct 1.25% APY Min $1 Must have a checking account.