Mortgage Interest Rates: Current Mortgage Rates – November 16, 2009
Long term mortgage interest rates are lower this week over last, both conforming mortgage rates and jumbo mortgage rates are lower.
Today's average mortgage rate for a 30 year fixed mortgage is back under 5.00 percent at 4.95 percent. 10-year U.S. Treasury yields also headed lower last week and as of Friday yields are back under 3.50 percent at 3.42.
Looking for Today’s Mortgage Rates? Current Mortgage Rates can be found in your state by using our Mortgage Rate Tables: Best Mortgage Rates
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) released an optimistic housing report for 2010. The NAR expects existing home sales to rise 13.6 percent in 2010 and home prices to rise 3 to 5 percent in 2010. The NAR is expecting 30 year mortgage rates to hit 5.8 percent by the end of 2010. Read more here.
Current Mortgage Rates
Conforming Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 30 year mortgage rates declined to 4.95 percent this week, down from the prior week’s average home loan rate of 5.02 percent.
- 15 year mortgage interest rates are down to 4.39 percent this week, down from last week’s average mortgage rate of 4.45 percent.
Jumbo Rate Mortgages
- The average 30 year jumbo mortgage rate is at 5.70 percent this week, down from the previous week's mortgage rate of 5.78 percent.
- The average 15 year jumbo rate mortgage is at 5.23 percent this week, down from the prior week’s interest rate of 5.29 percent.
Adjustable Mortgage Rates - Conforming
- One year adjustable mortgage rates are averaging at 4.44 percent this week, up from last week’s when one year home loans averaged 4.37 percent.
- Three year adjustable mortgage interest rates are averaging 4.31 percent, down from last week’s average loan interest rate of 4.36 percent.
- Five year mortgage rates remain unchanged this week at 4.12 percent.
- Seven year adjustable home loans are up this week to 4.54 percent, up from last week's average loan rate of 4.50 percent.
- Current rates for ten year ARMs are averaging 4.97 percent, up from the previous week’s average home finance rate of 4.88 percent.
Adjustable Mortgage Rates - Jumbo
- Today's one year jumbo adjustable rate mortgages are averaging 5.25 percent this week, down from the prior week’s average mortgage finance rate of 5.35 percent.
- Three year jumbo ARMs are at 5.42 percent this week, down from last week’s adjustable rate of 5.47 percent.
- The average five year jumbo ARM is at 4.92 percent this week, up from the prior week's average rate on a five year jumbo mortgage 0f 4.90 percent.
- Seven year jumbo ARMs are averaging 5.56 percent., up from the previous week’s average adjustable rate of 5.71 percent.
- 10 year jumbo ARMs are averaging 5.93 percent, down from last week's average mortgage rate of 6.07 percent.
Interest Only Mortgage Rates - Conventional
- Average three year interest only mortgage rates are averaging 4.39 percent this week, unchanged from last week's interest rate.
- Five year interest only loans are averaging 4.22 percent, up from last week when five year interest only mortgages averaged 4.10 percent.
- Seven year IO mortgages are averaging 4.70 percent this week, up from last week's average of 4.66 percent.
Interest Only Mortgage Rates - Jumbo
- Three year jumbo interest only mortgages are averaging 5.66 percent this week, down from last week's jumbo mortgage average rate of 5.74 percent.
- Five year jumbo IO home loans are averaging 5.34 percent, down from last week's average IO mortgage rate of 5.38 percent.
- The average jumbo seven year IO mortgage is at 5.98 percent, down from last week's average jumbo rate of 6.24 percent.
Home Equity loan
- The average home equity loan rate was up slightly this week over last week. 10 year home equity loan rates increased to 7.498 percent this week, up from last week’s average equity home loan rate of 7.480%. 15 year home equity rates increased to 7.630%, up from the prior week’s average equity loan rate of 7.611%.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Looking for mortgage rates? Current mortgage rates including jumbo rates can be found in your state or zip code by using our bank mortgage rate tables. Bank Mortgage Rate Tables
- Average home equity line of credit rates were are up slightly this week. The average HELOC rate this week is 4.901%, up from last week’s average HELOC rate of 4.893.