Average CD Rates – May 10, 2010
The national average for CD rates were down this week over last with the exception of 5 year CD rates moving up fractionally and 4 year CD rates which jumped higher. The current average 4 year CD rate is up to 2.068 percent from the previous week's average CD rate
of 1.969 percent.Find the Highest CD Rates by using our CD Rate Tables here: CDRates.MonitorBankRates.com.
12 month CD rates are currently averaging 0.969 percent, down from last week's average of 0.983 percent. You can find CD rates higher than the national average rates. Right now Sallie Mae
is offering a 12 month CD rate of 1.54 percent with an APY of 1.55 percent.
Average CD Rates
- 3 month CD rates are averaging 0.425%, down from last week’s rate of 0.444%. Keary Federal Savings Bank is advertising a 3 month CD rate of 1.03% with an APY of 1.05%.
- 6 month bank CD rates are averaging 0.697%, down from the prior week’s average of 0.715%.
- 12 month CD rates at banks are averaging 0.969%, a decrease from 0.983% the previous week.
- 18 month CD rates are averaging 1.135%, down from an average of 1.146%.
- 24 month bank CD rates are averaging 1.425%, down from last week’s average of 1.433%.
- 36 month CD rates at banks are averaging 1.835%, an increase from the prior week’s average CD rate of 1.848%.
- 48 month rates are averaging 2.068%, up from an average of 1.969% the prior week.
- 60 month CD interest rates are averaging 2.337%, down from the prior week’s average of 2.327%.